Spectorgroup’s New York City office is seeking an Architectural BIM Manager to lead and facilitate the implementation of BIM technology software in our office. The BIM Manager will work closely with the leadership team as well as with the project team. Our goal is to collectively create a design technology ecosystem that enables our team to leverage the technological solutions to explore and deliver the most impactful design solutions to our clients.
What is required
- 5-year professional architectural degree or architectural master’s degree
- 5 or more years of experience in architectural design development, construction documentation, and detailing on a wide variety of project types
- 5 or more years of experience with Autodesk Revit with working knowledge of AutoCAD Architecture
- Experience in the areas of implementation, practice and development for Autodesk Revit, Revit API, Enscape and Naviswork.
- Possess strong leadership, organizational skills, and communication skills
- General knowledge of integrated architectural and engineering practice
- Good interpersonal skills, willingness to collaborate with and ability to provide formal/informal training session
- Collaborates with the Directors, Project Managers, Designers and project team in developing a BIM Management Plan for each project
- Working closely with the project teams in developing the construction document sets and providing firm-wide technical supports
- Coordinates BIM software training for staff and monitors staff BIM experience levels
- Monitors the 3D models for quality and content throughout the project delivery process and at specific project delivery milestones
- Assist the project team in developing Revit families, schedules and complex 3D models when required
- Evaluation and development of BIM processes, best practice policies, protocols and workflows
- Monitors and tracks team compliance with BIM standards and guidelines
- Refining and standardizing project documentation, including but not limited to graphic standards, templates and libraries
- Working knowledge with 360-degree camera, Revit ReCap and Point Cloud projects would be an asset
- Collaboration with the Business Development team in developing RFP submission may be required
- Specialized knowledge of 3D modeling and rendering software tools such as Revit, Rhino, SketchUp, V-Ray, and Photoshop suite would be an asset, but not a requirement
TO APPLY please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the “BIM Manager – NYC Office” in the subject line.