Spectorgroup’s New York City office is seeking a BIM Specialist to support project teams in various project phases and maintain alignment to the company’s BIM Standards. This role will work closely with the BIM Manager for continued BIM adoption and streamlined project delivery.
What is Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent design or BIM management experience.
- Progressive experience in BIM/3D Modeling, with a focus on Autodesk Revit.
- Three to five years of experience working with Autodesk Revit with advanced documentation and modeling skills.
- Extensive experience with BIM 360 – Autodesk’s Cloud hosting solutions for Revit.
- Well versed in using Revit automation tools, Dynamo in particular.
- Experience in creating high quality documentation of project standards and processes.
- Understanding of other BIM tools including: Enscape, Bluebeam, Dynamo Player, Revit Plugins
- Familiarity with task management tools: Notion, Asana, Trello, Jira
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Coordinate BIM delivery at a project level, managing the production of models and other outputs including drawings.
- Coordinate BIM process for the project duration and ensuring all stakeholders are in alignment with the Project BIM Protocols.
- Work closely with the BIM Manager to update and maintain Spectorgroup BIM Standards, including Revit templates, content and libraries.
- Hold regular meetings with project teams to review model status, adherence to standards and deliverables.
- Develop, implement, and enforce BIM documentation and workflow process standards.
- Update, maintain, and take ownership of the internal Spectorgroup BIM Wiki.
- Provide feedback on current and future BIM workflows, with a focus on automating repetitive tasks to streamline project delivery in various phases.
- Collaborate with the BIM Manager on providing Revit trainings, conducting internal continuing education Revit sessions, and providing technical orientation to new hires regarding BIM tools and digital document distribution.
- Communicate with Architects, Designers and Consultants to coordinate, transfer and update all BIM models.
- Assist the BIM Manager in managing projects on the Spectorgroup BIM 360 collaboration hub; set up new projects, Revit models, permissions, and design collaboration workflows.
- Be comfortable with providing deskside Revit support to project teams.
- Stay informed on best practices for use of BIM and related software and disseminate the information to appropriate teams.
- Stay in sync with current industry trends and latest BIM tools.
TO APPLY please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “BIM Specialist – NYC Office” in the subject line.