Design Director- Spector Group’s NYC office is seeking energetic and passionate Design Directors with a forward-thinking and team-oriented mindset. We are looking for leaders who inspire, mentor and manage design endeavors and team members alike. 15+ Years’ experience working in an architectural or interior design firm. Experience in project types ranging from commercial office interiors, mixed-use and landlord/building architecture is preferred.
What is Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture required
- NCIDQ Certification/ARE license required
- Membership in IIDA, ASID or other industry organizations encouraged
- LEED Accreditation encouraged
- CID Certification encouraged
Qualified candidates must include an online or PDF portfolio with their application.
- Oversee creative solutions/activities to encourage inspiration and creativity.
- Cultivate a culture of exploration, ideation, and growth.
- Effectively Mentor employee’s to promote growth, learning, and career development.
- Participate in New Client leads and pitches.
- Effectively work in conjunction with firm leadership to conceptualize and implement tools to effectively sell Spector Group at pitches.
- Thorough knowledge of workplace strategy and ability to oversee and implement the strategy process on projects from inception through completion, leading to a successful research-based design process.
- Create, implement and ensure adherence to Design standards.
- Effectively communicate in a professional manner with clients and all team members.
- Possess Strong ability to organize and manage multiple project teams to ensure all project-related tasks are completed.
- Articulately and responsibly delegate tasks for assignment, as required, and ensure all team members follow tasks through accurate completion.
- Ensure project deadlines are met within a timely manner.
- Provide clear and concise instructions to all project team members.
- Lead the presentation of design ideas in a professional manner; coordinating the project team to clearly communicate ideas to clients, consultants, vendors, and contractors.
- Ensure effective communication of the design intent to GC/CM and sub-contractors through the construction process.
- Ability to guide project teams to design within budget restrictions and the ability to work to creatively reduce budgets without compromising design, when required.
- Ability to oversee RFP’s and bidding requirements for all facets of projects and to ensure project teams complete the bid process in a professional and ethical manner.
- Ability to oversee the completion of construction drawings to ensure proper documentation and implementation of design intent within the project budget.
- Ability to nurture and maintain client and consultant relationships.
- Act on behalf of the firm as a spokesperson within the industry.
- Actively participate in the executive committee of the firm, with the goal of always working to improve the firm reputation and image, professionalism, design standards, efficiency, and culture.
- Encourage and oversee Office committees.
- Oversee Career Development Evaluations and actively promote employee’s career growth through a system of informal mentorship, evaluation, and feedback.
TO APPLY please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Be sure to include the “Job Title – Office Location” in the subject line.