Spectorgroup’s New York City office is seeking Intermediate Designers with 5+ years of experience working in an architectural or interior design firm. Experience in project types ranging from commercial office interiors, mixed-use and landlord/building architecture is preferred. Intermediate Designers are responsible for providing design and production support for all phases of the design process from conceptualization through project completion.
What is Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture is required.
- Ability to design and document in AutoCAD and Revit is required.
- Fulfillment of IDP hours is strongly encouraged.
- Actively pursuing NCIDQ certification.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication skills are essential.
Qualified candidates must include an online or PDF portfolio with their application.
- Provide design and production support to project team leaders (including, but not be limited to, drawing, modeling, material gathering, etc.).
- Ability to conceptualize unique design concepts and solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate design intent through sketches, drawings, details, and specifications.
- Accurately compile client presentations under the direction of the team leaders.
- Update the Senior Designers, Design Directors, Job Captains, Project Architect/Project
- Coordinator and Project Manager at regular intervals as established at the onset of the project or as requested by team leaders.
- Understanding of project budgets and the ability to specify products that adhere to budget restrictions.
- Assist the Lead Designer/Project Manager with furniture, material, and lighting research.
- Ability to complete accurate furniture and finish specifications which can be used for bidding and RFP requirements.
- Thorough understanding of furniture bid documents and policies/procedures of managing the bid process.
- Under the supervision of a Senior Designer, Project Architect/Project Coordinator, Design Director, or Project Manager, Intermediate Designer must be able to effectively communicate with GC/CM and sub-contractors through the construction process to ensure design intent.
- Thorough understanding of requirements needed to complete construction drawings.
- Basic understanding of requirements needed to accurately perform site verification and core plan updates in AutoCAD.
- Perform REBNY, BOMA or other area calculations under the supervision of the Principal, Project Manager or Project Architect/Project Coordinator.
- Proficient in drafting plans and details.
- Basic understanding of Building Codes and ADA guidelines.
- Basic understanding of LEED and Sustainability best practices.
TO APPLY please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the “Intermediate Designer – NYC Office” in the subject line.