Spectorgoup’s New York City office is seeking Intermediate Project Architects with 4-7 years’ experience working in an architectural design firm. Experience in project types ranging from commercial office interiors, mixed-use and landlord/building architecture is preferred. Under the supervision of Senior Project Architect/Senior Project Coordinator and/or Project Manager, Intermediate Project Architects are responsible for overseeing technical aspects of projects including construction documentation and administration.
What is Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture is required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is required.
- LEED Accreditation preferred.
- License / Actively pursuing Licensure preferred.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication skills are essential.
- Preparation of architectural contract drawings for purposes of bidding, landlord review and building department filing.
- Update Project Manager and/or Senior Project Coordinator at weekly intervals, or as requested by Management staff.
- Coordinate and provide instruction to the production team under the supervision of Senior Project Architect/Senior Project Coordinator.
- Review and redline drawings.
- Provide direction to Planners, as needed.
- Coordinate with Design Team to ensure design intent is accurately reflected in the construction set.
- Maintain Design Team’s vision while ensuring constructability, code compliance, specifications, and quality control within the construction set under the supervision of the Project Manager/Senior Project Coordinator.
- Review and redline shop drawings and submittals prior to the Project Manager’s review and approval.
- Coordinate and direct consultants and vendors under the supervision of the Project Manager/Senior Project Coordinator to maintain design intent.
- Attend construction meetings at the discretion of Project Manager, addressing field issues as required.
- Communicate/interact with clients at the discretion of the Project Manager.
- Process shop drawings and respond to RFI’s through Newforma, with oversight from Senior Project Architect/Senior Project Coordinator or Project Manager.
- Complete punch list under the supervision of the Senior Project Architect/Senior Project Coordinator or Project Manager.
- General working knowledge of the Construction Building Code.
- General knowledge of MEP codes.
- Ability to create a set of construction documents, including keynoting plans, highlighting areas requiring details, creating details and designing elevations.
TO APPLY please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the “Intermediate Project Architect – NYC Office” in the subject line.