Spectorgroup’s New York City Office is seeking Senior Project Architects with 7+ years’ experience working in an architectural design firm. Experience in project types ranging from commercial office interiors, mixed-use and landlord/building architecture is preferred. Senior Project Architects are responsible for overseeing the technical aspects of projects including construction documentation and administration. Reporting directly to our Project Managers and Technical Director, you will collaborate closely with a team of designers, strategists, architects, and planners.
What is Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture is required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is required.
- LEED Accreditation preferred.
- License / Actively pursuing Licensure preferred.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication skills are essential.
- Preparation of architectural contract drawings for purposes of bidding, landlord review and building department filing.
- Serve as an advisor to Project Manager, regularly providing status updates of field conditions and project progress.
- Provide instruction and coordinate the work of the production team.
- Maintain Design Team’s vision while ensuring constructability, code compliance, specifications, and quality control within the construction set under the supervision of the Project Manager
- Review and redline shop drawings and submittals prior to the Project Manager’s review and approval (review includes coordination with consultants as required for multi-disciplinary submittals).
- Review and redline construction drawings.
- Coordinate and direct consultants and vendors to maintain design intent.
- Communicate/interact with clients at the discretion of the Project Manager.
- Coordinate and distribute Punch List once the project is considered “substantially complete.”
- Instruct and coordinate with Planner, as needed.
- Mentor Project Architect/Project Coordinator and all levels of Planners.
- Project Manager, Project Architect/Project Coordinator and/or drafting responsibilities may be required depending on project scope and size.
TO APPLY please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the “Senior Project Architect – NYC Office” in the subject line.