Spectorgoup’s New York City office is seeking Senior Designers with 10+ years of experience working in an architectural or interior design firm. Experience in project types ranging from commercial office interiors, mixed-use and landlord/building architecture is preferred. Senior Designers are responsible for leading all phases of the design process from conceptualization through project completion. Reporting to our Design Directors, you will collaborate closely with a team of designers, strategists, architects, and planners.
What is Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture is required.
- Ability to design and document in AutoCAD and Revit is required.
- Fulfillment of IDP hours is strongly encouraged.
- Actively pursuing NCIDQ certification.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication skills are essential.
Qualified candidates must include an online or PDF portfolio with their application.
- Lead conceptual design, schematic design, design development and construction documentation for interior design projects.
- Conceptualize and develop unique design concepts and solutions and complete sketches, drawings, details, and specifications to accurately price and build from.
- Assist in workplace strategy and programming to determine client space needs and requirements.
- Effectively communicate in a professional manner with Real Estate Brokers and clients to obtain an understanding of client requirements.
- Ability to present design ideas in a professional manner and clearly communicate ideas to the team, consultants, vendors, and clients.
- Effectively communicate design intent to GC/CM and sub-contractors through the construction process.
- Possess strong ability to organize, complete and track multiple tasks/ items and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Collaborate with the team to develop designs with an understanding of building systems and code-related requirements.
- Provide clear and concise instructions to Junior/Intermediate Designers and Job Captains.
- Work with the Design Directors, Job Captains, Project Architect/Project Coordinator and Project Manager at regular intervals as established at the onset of the project, or as requested by team leaders to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Review design and technical drawings with junior designers.
- Mentor Junior and Intermediate Interior Designers, Job Captains and Interns.
- Participate in the research and selection of furniture, fabrics, equipment, material palettes and lighting.
- Develop accurate furniture and finish specifications and finish plans.
- Ability to complete accurate furniture/finish specifications for RFP and bidding requirements.
- Thorough understanding and ability to create/manage the bid process for furniture, office fronts, signage, branding/graphics, etc.
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly review and process shop drawings and RFI’s through Newforma, as instructed by Senior Project Architect/Senior Project Coordinator.
- Strong working knowledge of requirements needed to complete construction drawings and ability to implement them through the drafting of plans and details.
TO APPLY please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the “Senior Designer – NYC Office” in the subject line.