Spectorgoup’s New York City office is seeking a Workplace Strategist with 3-7 years of experience working in an architectural or interior design firm. Experience in project types ranging from commercial office interiors, mixed-use and landlord/building architecture is preferred.
What is Required
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft PowerPoint. Proficiency in Revit is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (to manage and analyze data).
- Professional Degree in Facility Planning, Architecture, Interior Design, Human Factors, Design Strategy or related degree.
- Experience and a thorough understanding of workplace trends and practices including alternative workplace strategies and change management.
- An understanding of interior design phases from pre-design through construction.
- Ability to guide or inform design strategies and design planning for workplace projects
- Able to demonstrate a human-centered approach to design research
- Experience with the corporate workplace environment and ability to help conduct client team meetings.
- Ability to collaborate virtually with project teams.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-checks work for accuracy, omissions, and legibility.
Qualified candidates must include an online or PDF portfolio with their application.
- Help facilitate strategic conversations to connect the business objectives of the organization with the project goals to develop future workplace strategies.
- Discover and leverage internal and external research, benchmarks and trends to help facilitate client discussions about the future of their workplace.
- Continuously reviews and conducts ongoing research on workplace strategies.
- Facilitate information-gathering activities in the form of surveys, observations, focus groups and workshops to engage with clients and teams to set the direction for the future of the workplace.
- Synthesize and interpret information, create presentations, develop workplace strategies to support the research, trends and voice of the client to both challenges and address their needs for the future of the workplace.
- Prepare and deliver influential storytelling graphic presentations and information graphics branded to the client.
- May write papers on strategic topics or make public presentations.
- Engage in an initiative to enhance practice tools and resources.
TO APPLY please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the “Senior Designer – NYC Office” in the subject line.