Located in the heart of the Harlem renaissance, this 300,000 square foot, 272 unit, six story apartment building is steps away from Central Park. The site plan is configured in such a way that all the buildings are connected via a courtyard, reminiscent of the tenement apartments of the 1920’s.
The Spector Group designed and implemented multiple renovations to various pieces of the building. The façade has been restored to its original luster. All old world entrance portico structures were upgraded, as well as main entrances, to enhance the presence of the buildings. Elevator lobbies and corridors were upgraded to include new quarry tile wall and flooring, lighting and ceilings as well as seventy-two existing connecting bridges on all floors of the buildings, which were enclosed with an aluminum and vision glass system.
In a u-shaped configuration, the buildings common courtyard will consist of scored concrete and brick paving, new lighting, fixed benches and tables, upgraded and new planters, trellises and specialized plantings.